Assistant Controller - Canton, Michigan, United States
- Job Type:Full Time
- Category:Assistant Controller,Automotive,Compliance,Controller,Human Resources
- Job Location: Canton, Michigan, United States
Victory Automotive Group is family owned and operated since 1997 with over 40 locations across the United States. We provide the best opportunities for all employees, customers, communities and each manufacturer we represent. Our continued commitment is to improve our dealerships and services to satisfy our customer’s wants and needs 100 percent of the time and always provide a pleasant, informative and professional experience.
Victory Automotive Group is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Victory Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Assistant Controller helps manage the accounting operations of the business. He or she maintains an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. In addition, the Assistant Controller helps develop periodic financial reports that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This position also supports all employees involved in the accounting process, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory, and compliance. The Assistant Controller also supports the onboarding of new employees and the administration of human resource policies, procedures, and programs.
The ideal candidate has at least two years of dealership experience in a position of similar responsibility. He or she must be detail-oriented and good with numbers and proficient with accounting software and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Dealership experience a must and Reynolds and Reynolds experience a plus.
This job description summary outlines core aspects of this position, but additional duties may be required on a routine basis. This job description does not constitute the complete responsibilities for this position.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports
- Oversees vendor management and outsourcing
- Maintains an orderly accounting system
- Maintains accounts payable/receivable
- Processes payroll and tax liabilities
- Issues timely and complete financial statements
- Complies with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Supervises the office staff, which includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Organizes and supervises all administrative functions, such as budgeting, accounting, data collection, record maintenance, etc.
- Ensures all Human Resources and payroll functions are operational and works cooperatively with the corporate office to handle employee issues as needed
- Assures that required HR training is completed
- Cross trained in all accounting positions
- A mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy is in place at Victory Automotive Group. If offered the position, proof of vaccination will be required.
- Must have Dealership experience
- Two years of experience in automotive controller responsibilities
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Experienced with business applications and accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff
- Able to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Strong attention to detail and interest in accuracy
- Highly professional and dependable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to develop and manage a budget
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Workplace
- Non-Smoking Workplace
- Drug Free Workplace
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) with Company Match
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
It’s time to make the most important move of your career!