Payroll Clerk - Canton, Michigan, United States
- Job Type:Full Time
- Category:Administrative Assistant,Automotive,Payroll Clerk,Payroll
- Job Location: Canton, Michigan, United States
Dealership Payroll Admin
Victory Automotive Group is family owned and operated since 1997 with over 40 locations across the United States. We provide the best opportunities for all employees, customers, communities and each manufacturer we represent. Our continued commitment is to improve our dealerships and services to satisfy our customer’s wants and needs 100 percent of the time and always provide a pleasant, informative and professional experience.
Victory Automotive Group is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Victory Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A 4/10 WORK SCHEDULE IN DEALERSHIP PAYROLL!
SIGN ON BONUS eligible position with dealership qualifications.
We are looking for a Dealership Payroll Admin to join our growing team at our Home Office in CANTON, MICHIGAN
Dealership experience preferred, and Reynolds and Reynolds experience a plus for this position.
The Payroll Admin helps ensure the payroll and accounting functions of the office are taken care of thoroughly, efficiently, and accurately. He or she helps process time sheets, maintain accurate employee files, and ensure payroll checks are accurate and secure.
This position reviews timecards to verify compliance, calculates payroll for both hourly and sales commissions, ensures compliance in new hire and additional paperwork for current employees through our online system, including following up with proper people, communicating and completing all steps in the on boarding process for new hires.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED and may have some additional training/coursework. He or she must be detail-oriented and good with numbers and proficient with business/accounting software and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
This job description summary outlines core aspects of this position, but additional duties may be required on a routine basis. This job description does not constitute the complete responsibilities for this position.
- Processes payroll timesheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains accurate employee personnel files and ensures employees information is entered properly
- Processes properly authorized invoices to accurately record costs and pay vendors in a timely manner
- Ensures employee sick/vacation time is available
- Reviews timecards to verify compliance
- Ensures compliance in new hire and additional paperwork for current employees through our online systems
- Follows up with appropriate people, communicating and completing all steps in the onboarding process and employee lifecycle
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy is in place at Victory Automotive Group. If offered the position, proof of vaccination will be required.
- High school diploma or GED; additional training/education preferred
- Dealership experience required
- Computer, internet and business software skills
- Able to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Strong attention to detail and interest in accuracy
- Highly professional and dependable
- Reynolds and Reynolds experience a plus
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Workplace
- Non-Smoking Workplace
- Drug Free Workplace
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) with Company Match
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
It’s time to make the most important move of your career!