- Business Office, Corporate Attorney, Corporate Counsel, Lawyer
Canton, Michigan, United States
In - House Corporate Attorney
Victory Automotive Group is seeking an in-house corporate attorney to handle small claims, real estate deals, litigation, and corporate matters including legal contract review and customer issues. The role requires a unique combination of competency in the automotive sector, law, and general business and ability to assess associated risks for a given business situation. The qualified individual will be expected to work on a variety of legal issues, work closely with state regulatory agencies, and advise on legal matters.
This job description summary outlines core aspects of this position, but additional duties may be required on a routine basis. This job description does not constitute the complete responsibilities for this position.
- Provided advice, counsel, and training on laws and regulations affecting new car dealerships, with a heavy emphasis in California law and regulation.
- Litigation Management – Manage claim submission with insurance carriers and act as group/store liaison with carriers and outside counsel handling customer and employee suits.
- Customer Relations – Facilitate resolution of difficult customer complaints in effort to avoid costly litigation.
- Project Management - Initiating, planning, executing, and following up on the work of our corporate team to certain projects within a specified time frame.
- Dealership Acquisitions and Divestitures – Assist with any Asset, Stock, and Real Estate Purchase Agreements; facilitate licensing and permitting for the new location; manage dealership application processes with manufacturers.
- Provide legal support on customer and supplier contracts.
- Advise on legal disputes and litigation.
- Undertaking any necessary compliance investigations
- Assist executives and local staff to cultivate, investigate, and respond to real estate acquisition and development opportunities.
- Assist in contract based commercial dispute resolution.
- Provide dispute management expertise, anticipating issues and putting in place appropriate measures to minimize risk and exposure.
- Juris Doctor and a minimum of 3 years of legal counsel experience
- Licensed to practice in the State of Michigan
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills to meet critical deadlines quickly and reliably.
- Experience in drafting agreements, commercial negotiations with third parties, regulatory matters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a commonsense approach to issue management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others in cross functional teams.
- Experience in interpreting, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Experience in advising on various legal matters, including commercial disputes
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Workplace
- Non-Smoking Workplace
- Drug Free Workplace
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) with Company Match
Victory Automotive Group is family owned and operated since 1997 with over 40 locations across the United States. We provide the best opportunities for all employees, customers, communities and each manufacturer we represent. Our continued commitment is to improve our dealerships and services to satisfy our customer’s wants and needs 100 percent of the time and always provide a pleasant, informative and professional experience.
Victory Automotive Group is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Victory Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
It’s time to make the most important move of your career!