- Automotive, Cafe, Chef, Executive Chef, Food Service Manager
Canton, Michigan, United States
Victory Automotive Group is family owned and operated since 1997 with over 40 locations across the United States. We provide the best opportunities for all employees, customers, communities and each manufacturer we represent. Our continued commitment is to improve our dealerships and services to satisfy our customer’s wants and needs 100 percent of the time and always provide a pleasant, informative and professional experience.
Victory Automotive Group is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Victory Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
We are seeking a professional and highly dependable corporate chef to operate our kitchen area in our corporate headquarters in Canton, Michigan.
The Corporate Chef is responsible for the overall smooth, efficient operation of the kitchen, while maintaining high culinary standards, creativity, and quality. In addition, the Corporate Chef manages the inventory of supplies, equipment, food purchasing, receiving, and budgets and maintains safe and sanitary conditions for quality food production and service. He or she estimates food consumption and requisition for around 60 people, selects and develops recipes and will cook special items or for special occasions and oversees catering events.
The ideal candidate for this position will have culinary training, a culinary degree preferred. Good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
This job description summary outlines core aspects of this position, but additional duties may be required on a routine basis. This job description does not constitute the complete responsibilities for this position.
- Prepares menus and recipes and oversees the production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
- Establishes and maintains procedures and standards that ensure the health and safety of everyone
- Ensures that work areas are clean/sanitized, and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly cleaned and stored
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Shops, plans, and cooks lunch 5 days a week
- Manages inventory and adheres to set budgets
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Culinary training at a minimum; A.O.S./A.S. Culinary Degree preferred
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations regarding food practices and handling required
- ServSafe Certified required
- Ability to shop, plan and cook lunch for around 60 individuals each day
- Ability to work in a self-contained fully stocked kitchen facility
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Workplace
- Non-Smoking Workplace
- Drug Free Workplace
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) with Company Match
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
It’s time to make the most important move of your career!